- Tea's energy lifting abilities continue long after you've consumed this popular beverage; in the form of natural energy and overall wellness.
- Tea polyphenols are thought to strengthen bones and protect against fractures.
- Scientists have found that the catechins (antioxidants) in green tea increase the body's ability to burn fat as fuel, which accounts for improved muscle endurance. Tea should be consumed regularly to gain the most from this benefit.
- As a post-yoga beverage- hot or cold- we truly enjoy consuming green tea; as green tea also reduces anxiety & produces a tranquilizing effect on the body.
- Mid-afternoon slumps can be managed by consuming a cup of tea for various reasons, not including the caffeine-boost. One reason is due to tea's ability to balance blood sugars in the system according to research.
- The polyphenol group of green tea catechins has been shown to lower blood sugars, as well as the polysaccharides found in green tea. In fact, researchers have found that EGCG (also known as epigallocatechin gallete, one of the catechin polyphenols) influences the primary way that glucose is absorbed.
- Of course caffeine is known to provide at least a temporary boost in energy. Black tea also stimulates mental alertness it is said, and this is not attributed to the caffeine intake according to studies.