I am in no way interested in immortality, but only in the taste of tea.
- Lu T’ung
- Health benefits of oolong tea include the reduction of chronic health conditions such as heart disease, inflammatory disorders, and high cholesterol levels, while providing vital antioxidants, promoting superior bone structure, robust skin and good dental health.
- Oolong tea combines the health benefits of both green and black tea. It contains the full range of polyphenol antioxidants: catechins, thearubigin and theaflavin. Oolong, or semi–fermented tea contains more polyphenols than black and fewer than the less oxidized green and white teas. Some polyphenols, like flavonoids, have antioxidant properties.
- Chinese herbalists believe that oolong tea is highly effective in improving symptoms that are associated with weak kidney and spleen energy.
- Oolong tea is often recommended for its weight–loss properties. The polyphenols in oolong tea help to control obesity by activating the enzyme responsible for dissolving triglyceride (fatty deposits) and enhancing the function of fat metabolism.
- Steep Oolong at 185* for 2-3 minutes.
*Please note: information on our site is for educational use only. It should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
"Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company." - Anonymous