Fennel tea is prepared from crushed or ground mature fennel seeds.
- Fennel seeds are rich in important volatile oil compounds like anethole, fenchone and estragole that are believed to be responsible for its antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial/antimicrobial properties.
- Fennel is an important herb that has been used safely for many thousands of years in Chinese, Indian, Arabian and Western medicines.
- Aside from its value in cooking as a spice, it has been traditionally used as an aid to digestion and it has many additional health benefits.
- Many people report that drinking fennel tea regularly actually reduces their incidence of both bloating and flatulence.
- Fennel tea is a mild diuretic and can help flush excess water and toxins out of the body.
- Fennel seeds are very high in antioxidants, providing extra protection for your body against free radical cellular damage.
- The health benefits of fennel tea include anti-inflammatory properties and it may benefit people suffering from joint pain and arthritis.
- Fennel tea is believed to help lower blood pressure naturally (keep this in mind and discuss with your doctor if you are using blood pressure medication).
- Fennel seeds are often recommended in traditional herbal medicine as an appetite suppressant & metabolism booster. Drinking fennel tea regularly may help with losing weight & management.
- Fennel is believed to be an immune system enhancer and many people report an improved sense of relaxation and well-being when they drink it regularly.